Brexit: PM sends letter to Brussels seeking further delayNo 10 source says a second letter makes clear Boris Johnson believes an extension would be a mistake. Source: BBC TOP
Calls for revolution at Lebanon protestsThousands of people have taken to the streets for a third day of nationwide protests. Source:...
Hawk-Eye apologises for VAR confusion at Tottenham-Watford gameThe company which provides the Premier League’s Video Assistant Referee technology has apologised to Tottenham and...
Super(ish) Saturday: Don't worry. All will be explained.Don’t worry. All will be explained. Source: BBC TOP
Recent news feed from News Agencies
- Breakingviews TV: China gamble
Oct 18 - All’s quiet in Macau as protests rock neighbouring Hong Kong. The sparsely populated casino hub is gambling on closer ties with China and its tourists to help, but Katrina Hamlin and Robyn Mak discuss how that leaves it dangerously exposed to a mainland downturn. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Brexit deal
UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson has an agreement for the country to leave the European Union. But Peter Thal Larsen explains that the concessions he made will make striking new trade deals harder. And whether Parliament will back his Brexit plan is too close to call. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Zuck ad woes
Running political campaign messages accounts for a tiny sliver of Facebook’s revenue, but generates a welter of bad publicity. Jennifer Saba argues that the smart thing for the social media firm’s boss, Mark Zuckerberg, to do is to avoid showing political ads at all. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Big Banks day
JPMorgan, Goldman Sachs, Citigroup and Wells Fargo reported third-quarter earnings of varying quality largely linked to their different business models. Antony Currie and Rob Cox discuss. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Fouled out
The NBA is under pressure from Beijing over an executive's support for Hong Kong protests. Pete Sweeney and Clara Ferreira Marques discuss what went wrong, and whether American basketball can figure out a way to stay in China. […]
- Breakingviews TV: PG&E dimmed
The California utility’s shareholders just got dinged again. The bankruptcy judge let creditors file a rival restructuring plan that gives more to wildfire victims – and less to equity owners. Robert Cyran explains how this shifts power in what will probably be a long process. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Repo riposte
What happened to rattle the U.S. money markets in September, and what happens next? Anna Szymanski explains the repo ructions, why the Federal Reserve had to intervene, and what it means for monetary policy in the future. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Park strife
Viacom’s animated series “South Park” joined the host of U.S. companies apologizing to China for expressing political views. Some are more sincere than others. Jennifer Saba explains what’s at stake for companies trying to balance strong views with a need to please shareholders. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Health check
American healthcare matters to voters, but the options are wide-ranging. President Trump’s vision of more private sector involvement jars with Democratic proposals for more government-funded coverage. Investors seem to expect something closer to the latter, Robert Cyran explains. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Nio-logic
China’s answer to electric-car maker Tesla is struggling as it burns cash amid stalling sales. Katrina Hamlin and Jeffrey Goldfarb talk about Nio’s options, and whether a tie-up of some kind with Warren Buffett-backed BYD might make some sense for both companies. […]
- UAE Becomes World’s First Country to Restore Iraqi Churches Destroyed by ISIS
- ‘I Respect His Decision’: Franklin Graham Tells CBN News He Won’t Second-Guess Trump on Syria
- Christian School Administrator Suspended After Questioning New LGBT Agenda
- Trump Targets Turkey with Tariffs as Syrian Troops Pledge to Liberate Kurds from ‘Erdogan the Tyrant’
- Pence Heads to Mideast as Turkey Attacks Kurds
- Five Arrested in Connection with Paris Police Knife Attack, including an Imam
- Trump Orders New Sanctions on Turkey Over Syria
- Trump Touts Partial Trade Agreement with China, Skeptics of Deal Aren’t so Sure
- Christian Convert Murdered By Muslim Family Over Facebook Post
- Fast-Moving Developments in Syria Highlight US-Turkey Breakdown as NATO Allies
- Pastor Brunson Offers Powerful Prayer Over President Trump to Fight Oppression
- ‘Heartbreaking’: Iraq Kurds Prep for Refugee Influx, Label Erdogan a Terrorist for Syria Invasion
- Japan Looks for Missing After Devastating Typhoon Kills at Least 48
- Nearly 33 Dead From Typhoon as Japan Continues Rescue Efforts
- Typhoon Leaves 19 Dead, 16 Missing as Japan Launches Major Rescue
Tiger Woods says to compete in Dubai Desert Classic in FebruaryFormer world number one Tiger Woods said he would compete in the European Tour’s Dubai Desert...
Alastair Campbell and Peter Mandelson use dark arts to try to seize control of referendum campaignEXCLUSIVE Peter Mandelson and Alastair Campbell on Saturday night faced claims that they were behind an...
England 40-16 Australia: Eddie Jones' crush the Wallabies to make Rugby World Cup 2019 semi-finalNIK SIMON AT THE OITA STADIUM: Once Eddie Jones had thrown out soundbites about samurais and...
LORD OWEN: How must the five million Labour voters who backed Leave feel now?These Remain-supporting Labour MPs seem to forget that they were all elected on a manifesto in...
Bahrain sends first civilian case to military courtGovernment authorities did not immediately respond to a request for comment Source: BAHRAIN
Bahrain's Gulf Air says to launch holidays unitGulf Air Holidays will offer travellers a wide range of holiday packages and tailor-made travel solutions...
Bahrain's economy strained as low oil prices persistBahrain’s central bank says net foreign assets dropped 11% to $1.7bn in February Source: BAHRAIN
Kuwait's $4.2bn airport expansion hits construction milestoneEmir of Kuwait inaugurates start of heavy construction work on terminal to handle 25m passengers Source:...
In pictures: International fashion week in Kuwait citySource: KUWAIT
Mission of Gulf armies is no longer restricted to combat, says KuwaitGCC neighbour recognises the work of the UAE Armed Forces in the region Source: KUWAIT
Qatar Airways replaces Dubai's Emirates as FIFA sponsorDoha carrier fills spot left vacant by Emirates when it quit its sponsorship following FIFA corruption...
In pictures: IAAF Diamond League 2017 kicks off in DohaSource: QATAR
In pictures: Emir of Qatar visits Republic of PolandSource: QATAR