Emirates closes in on Apple in brand intimacy rankingsDubai-based airline jumps up list that measures the emotional bonds between a customer and a brand Source: ARAB
Raytheon wins $1.5bn deal for UAE missile launching systemAgreement with US defence firm is signed on the second day of the IDEX military exhibition...
Saudi Crown Prince orders release of Pakistani prisonersMohammed Bin Salman has ordered the release of more than 2,000 Pakistani prisoners languishing in the...
Dubai set to host fifth Desert Warrior ChallengeAl Marmoom will be the venue for the 2019 Desert Warrior Challenge obstacle race on Friday...
Recent news feed from News Agencies
- Breakingviews TV: Brit and run
Carmaker Honda is closing its only British plant – though not because of Brexit. Honda’s facility was the weak link in a surprisingly strong industry, Liam Proud explains. Yet stronger operators are at risk too from the potential loss of trade ties and a shift to electric autos. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Amaz-no
The $800 bln e-commerce company is scrapping plans to open a second headquarters in NYC after local opposition. Both look foolish, but neither loses. Amazon can still expand elsewhere and New York is still a hot spot for job growth, as Amanda Gomez explains. […]
- Breakingviews TV: JPM Coin
JPMorgan, the bank run by Jamie Dimon, is launching its own cryptocurrency to help facilitate blockchain-based transactions between its customers. At least so far, it’s a ways from the killer app for the technology behind bitcoin, as Tom Buerkle explains. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Sour Apple
The smartphone maker wants news publishers to pitch in on a new Netflix-like app – but it’s driving a hard bargain, the WSJ has reported. Then again, its media partners need the help. Apple may also be capitalizing on the image problems of its rival Facebook, Jen Saba explains. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Lost scent
JAB’s bid to raise its stake in Coty to 60 pct has more than a whiff of opportunism, says John Foley. The investment firm masterminded a 2016 acquisition that weakened the perfume maker; eschewing a full takeover could allow it to use the company’s stock for more deals. […]
- Breakingviews TV: 5G signal
Feb 11 - T-Mobile US and Sprint tried to merge five years ago, but were knocked back by U.S. antitrust watchdogs. The latest attempt may have better luck thanks to America’s rivalry with China – but at the expense of domestic cellphone competition, as Jen Saba explains. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Green day
Feb 8 - Progressive U.S. Democrats are proposing to tackle climate change and provide healthcare and other benefits. The ambitious plan is vague and has no chance near term, but as Richard Beales explains, it will force a real debate about some of the biggest issues the country faces. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Big bank M&A
Feb 7 - Two U.S. lenders are merging to create a $66 billion rival to the country’s biggest banks. BB&T and SunTrust’s deal looks decent for investors on both sides – and if the regulators approve, it could provide the spur for more tie-ups in a crowded sector, Antony Currie explains. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Swede harmony
Spotify is spending up to $500 mln on podcasts and non-music content, but this hot format is still unproven as a way of making money. With revenue growth slowing, the company has its work cut out in becoming an audio version of Netflix, as Jen Saba explains. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Lazard leads
Feb 5 - Antony Currie takes stock of the independent advisory firm’s fourth-quarter earnings. Lazard’s stock is down over a quarter in the past year, but with asset management tough and M&A slowing down, it may just be ahead of now more vulnerable-looking rivals. […]
- National accomplishments in defence industry fundamental to IDEX’s success: Sultan Al Jaber
- Huawei, Karl Lagerfeld, India: Your Wednesday Briefing
- ‘If We Don’t Get This Right, Our Churches Will Not Be a Safe Place for the Lost’: Southern Baptists at Crossroads over Abuse
- Prime Minister of Guinea visits Founder’s Memorial
- Iran Says Suicide Bomber Who Hit Revolutionary Guards Was Pakistani
- Search for survivors after Swiss avalanche
- South Korea Proposes Joint Economic Projects to Prod North to Denuclearize
- Russia Votes to Ban Smartphone Use by Military, Trying to Hide Digital Traces
- 5 Brexit Blunders: From David Cameron’s Hum to Theresa May’s Jam
- Tawazun’s Defense and Security Development Fund, Halcon sign agreement for AED193 million funding
- RAK Ruler offers condolences to King Salman on death of Prince Abdullah bin Faisal bin Turki
- Sheikha Fatima calls on ministries, institutions, community to celebrate Emirati Children’s Day
- Abdullah bin Zayed chairs meeting of ‘Education and Human Resources Council’
- UAE to participate in Bahrain International Garden Show 2019
- A War Memorial Is Being Expanded. Some Say It Whitewashes History.
Tiger Woods says to compete in Dubai Desert Classic in FebruaryFormer world number one Tiger Woods said he would compete in the European Tour’s Dubai Desert...
Venezuelan forces BARRICADE crossing into Colombia to prevent aid packages from being deliveredMoscow still publicly backs President Maduro but is beginning to lose its faith in his ability...
Fascinating book Sailing To The Sun by William Miller charts the history of the cruise industryThe incredible images feature in a new book by American author William H Miller called Sailing...
London stabbing: Deliveroo driver stabbed to death in BatterseaDeliveroo driver Lajean Richards, 19, who lived with his mother in Battersea, was attacked shortly before...
Bahrain sends first civilian case to military courtGovernment authorities did not immediately respond to a request for comment Source: BAHRAIN
Bahrain's Gulf Air says to launch holidays unitGulf Air Holidays will offer travellers a wide range of holiday packages and tailor-made travel solutions...
Bahrain's economy strained as low oil prices persistBahrain’s central bank says net foreign assets dropped 11% to $1.7bn in February Source: BAHRAIN
Kuwait's $4.2bn airport expansion hits construction milestoneEmir of Kuwait inaugurates start of heavy construction work on terminal to handle 25m passengers Source:...
In pictures: International fashion week in Kuwait citySource: KUWAIT
Mission of Gulf armies is no longer restricted to combat, says KuwaitGCC neighbour recognises the work of the UAE Armed Forces in the region Source: KUWAIT
Qatar Airways replaces Dubai's Emirates as FIFA sponsorDoha carrier fills spot left vacant by Emirates when it quit its sponsorship following FIFA corruption...
In pictures: IAAF Diamond League 2017 kicks off in DohaSource: QATAR
In pictures: Emir of Qatar visits Republic of PolandSource: QATAR