Islamic State: RAF carries out four air strikes in MayThe Ministry of Defence says the strikes in Iraq on the Islamic State group all hit their targets. Source: BBC TOP
Richard Sambrook to review BBC's social media useThe former director of global news at the BBC will examine online posts from programmes and...
'Cannabis burned during worship' by ancient Israelites – studyCannabis residues have been found on an altar in an ancient desert temple in Israel. Source:...
Coronavirus: What help are self-employed getting from government?What is being done for the five million self-employed people in the UK facing a sudden...
Recent news feed from News Agencies
- Breakingviews TV: Hong Kong hit
With Beijing imposing a new law, the U.S. says the city is no longer autonomous. The decision, also reflecting President Trump's anger over the origins of Covid-19, sets the scene for more economic pain for China. Gina Chon discusses how the U.S. election raises the stakes. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Mr. Unpopular
Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe may be serving up nearly $2 trillion in stimulus but he’s suddenly deeply unpopular. That will make it hard for him to take full advantage of the moment to push reforms that could buttress the economic recovery, Pete Sweeney argues. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Hertz locker
The U.S. car rental firm has filed for bankruptcy, burdened with high debts and collapsing revenue. Hertz was heading in a decent direction before Covid-19. Restructuring offers bust companies the chance to try again, this time with more financial flexibility, says John Foley. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Luxury spend
European stores are reopening, and more bling is being sold in mainland China, Burberry and peers say. But purchases by tourists won’t rebound at once and rising inventory suggests the current season is partly lost. Lisa Jucca explains why luxury will fly only when travellers do. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Winging it
American Airlines’ market value has plunged to $4 bln, but even that could be too much. Like other carriers, it has grounded planes and taken government funding, but American already came into the crisis with too much debt. Its equity could well be worthless, John Foley argues. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Sony reboot
The Japanese giant is spending $3.7 billion taking a financial subsidiary private, and creating a holding company to oversee its sprawl. Robyn Mak explains how Sony is embracing its conglomerate status - and thumbing its nose at Dan Loeb of Third Point. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Dueling Dimon
JPMorgan’s boss took a few hits at the bank’s annual meeting, a sign shareholders are getting more antsy, explains Antony Currie. A large minority wants the lender to have an independent chairman, while around half are pushing for better information on its climate risks. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Bright spot
SoftBank Chief Executive Masayoshi Son has no shortage of problems, including money-losing bets like WeWork and Uber. But, as Liam Proud explains, a governance shakeup and slower pace of investments show that the Japanese billionaire is belatedly moving in the right direction. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Summer S.O.S.
Travel curbs and quarantines will constrain travellers this summer. But the easing of lockdowns in Europe and Asia brings hope to the $1.6 trln tourism industry. Lisa Jucca explains how governments can get creative to partly save the holiday seasons. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Debt delusion
The World Bank and International Monetary Fund are being asked to cancel some poor countries’ debt. The plan is well meaning, but a bad idea. It could mean fewer cheap loans in the future, and more reliance on China. Effective solutions may be less flashy, says Anna Szymanski. […]
- A Pentecost Moment: CBN Airing ‘Night of Promise’ Special to Bless Israel and Seek God for Global Revival
- Despite COVID-19 Threat, Operation Blessing Reaches Out to Homeless Typhoon Victims in Philippines
- Billions More Desert Locusts Devour Crops from India to Africa, Adding to Farmers’ Pandemic Woes
- China Tightens Grip on Hong Kong, Residents Fear Loss of Liberties: ‘A Deadly Blow to the Rights of People’
- Senators Ernst and Grassley Ask Trump to Deploy Special Envoy to Nigeria to End Christian Genocide
- Hong Kong Police Fire Tear Gas, Water Cannon at Protesters
- Memorial Service Livestreamed on May 29 in Honor of Christian Apologist Ravi Zacharias
- Shock Report Reveals India’s Extreme Levels of Persecution Against Christians
- China Makes Communist Power Grab: ‘The Rule of Law in Hong Kong Is Over’
- ‘It Has Been Beautiful’: Mobile Church in Kenya Takes Services to the People Amid Virus
- China Forcing Christian Teachers to Renounce Their Faith so Students Are Properly Indoctrinated in Communism
- Lee Strobel Talks About ‘Cultural Prophet’ Ravi Zacharias, Importance of Apologetics
- Ravi Zacharias Was One of the World’s Most Famous Apologists – He Was Also My Friend
- ‘GO 2020:’ Global Movement Aims to Reach 1 Billion on Pentecost Sunday
- ‘Freedom!!!’ American Pastor Held on False Charges for 7 Months in India Finally Returns Home
Tiger Woods says to compete in Dubai Desert Classic in FebruaryFormer world number one Tiger Woods said he would compete in the European Tour’s Dubai Desert...
Man dies after 'rock throwing incident' in grounds of Kent castleThe man in his 60s died in the grounds of Lullingstone Castle in Eynsford, Kent, following...
Live George Floyd Protest UpdatesA police station was set on fire in Minneapolis as demonstrators denounced the death of a...
Little Mix star Leigh-Anne Pinnock confirms her engagement to Andre GrayTaking to Instagram on Thursday evening, the singer showed off her enormous diamond engagement ring after...
Bahrain sends first civilian case to military courtGovernment authorities did not immediately respond to a request for comment Source: BAHRAIN
Bahrain's Gulf Air says to launch holidays unitGulf Air Holidays will offer travellers a wide range of holiday packages and tailor-made travel solutions...
Bahrain's economy strained as low oil prices persistBahrain’s central bank says net foreign assets dropped 11% to $1.7bn in February Source: BAHRAIN
Kuwait's $4.2bn airport expansion hits construction milestoneEmir of Kuwait inaugurates start of heavy construction work on terminal to handle 25m passengers Source:...
In pictures: International fashion week in Kuwait citySource: KUWAIT
Mission of Gulf armies is no longer restricted to combat, says KuwaitGCC neighbour recognises the work of the UAE Armed Forces in the region Source: KUWAIT
Qatar Airways replaces Dubai's Emirates as FIFA sponsorDoha carrier fills spot left vacant by Emirates when it quit its sponsorship following FIFA corruption...
In pictures: IAAF Diamond League 2017 kicks off in DohaSource: QATAR
In pictures: Emir of Qatar visits Republic of PolandSource: QATAR