China coronavirus: Death toll rises as disease spreadsFifteen more people have been killed by the virus in China, as the country celebrates Lunar New Year. Source: BBC WORLD
The Papers: Chinese images of virus lockdown, while Taylor Swift talksA number of papers lead on concerns over coronavirus, while Taylor Swift reveals her eating disorder....
Facebook and YouTube moderators sign PTSD disclosureContent moderators review hundreds of disturbing images each day for social media sites. Source: BBC WORLD
Why China’s LGBT hide their identities at Lunar New YearRepresentation of China’s LGBT community is improving but many still struggle during Lunar New Year. Source:...
Recent news feed from News Agencies
- Breakingviews TV: Eco-Microsoft
The software firm made a big splash ahead of the Davos confab by declaring it would be carbon negative by 2030. Gina Chon stopped by the makeshift Microsoft Café in the Swiss resort to talk to President Brad Smith about sustainability, techlash and U.S.-China competition. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Zurich’s boss
This is a “discovery year” for many corporate executives confronting climate change at Davos, Zurich boss Mario Greco tells Rob Cox. But for insurers like his, ecological risks have necessarily been front and center for years. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Unsmoke it
Philip Morris International is puffing about smoke-free alternatives at Davos. Company boss Andre Calantzopoulos talks to Gina Chon about the misperceptions of vaping and what regulators are getting wrong. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Citi’s CEO
Mike Corbat stopped by the Reuters chalet in Davos to talk about business, sustainability, stakeholder capitalism and his own succession with Rob Cox. […]
- Predictions 2020: Greening the financial system
How can companies and financial institutions manage the risks of climate change, while making the worst outcomes less likely? Here are highlights of a wide-ranging discussion moderated by Breakingviews EMEA Editor Peter Thal Larsen. […]
- Greening the financial system: A Breakingviews debate
What roles should financial institutions be playing in battling climate change? Breakingviews EMEA Editor Peter Thal Larsen discusses it with a senior UK regulator, the CFO of a large multinational, and experienced financiers. Watch the complete London Predictions video. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Shadow play
China’s economic growth slowed to 6.1% last year amid a bruising trade war with the United States, and credit growth disappointed. Meanwhile, shadow lenders are moving to fill the gap. Pete Sweeney and Alec Macfarlane discuss what that means for the country’s economy. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Orcel endgame
The 112 million euro lawsuit between UBS banker Andrea Orcel and Santander, the lender that hired him and then changed its mind, is due in court soon. The dispute, riddled with money, egos and errors, is ripe for settlement before that happens, as Peter Thal Larsen explains. […]
- Predictions 2020: Shareholder activism goes green
ValueAct Capital founder and CEO Jeff Ubben explains why it’s important to consider ESG in investments, what happens if companies don’t adapt and why the electric utility industry should be a priority. Here are highlights of his talk with Breakingviews Global Editor Rob Cox. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Fink think
Larry Fink’s BlackRock will challenge companies that don’t account for climate change and similar risks. The impetus comes from the clients who provide the asset manager’s $7.4 trillion. That’s one reason to believe BlackRock’s step may really matter, as Richard Beales explains. […]
- Liverpool Soccer Star’s Baptism Brings Wife to Tears ‘The Old Things Have Passed Away’
- ‘God Help Her’: Christian Activist Mary Fatemeh Mohammadi Arrested in Iran During Protests
- URGENT PRAYER: Three Assyrian Christians Arrested in Southeast Turkey
- China Reports 2nd Death From Virus Behind Pneumonia Outbreak
- Lebanon to Release Protesters Detained After Night of Riots
- ‘God Will Pull Us Through’: How One Man Survived a War Zone, Finding Hope and Peace Through Christ
- Operation Blessing Aids 9,000 Taal Volcano Victims: ‘If There Are No Donated Relief Goods, We Don’t Eat’
- COMMENTARY: Safe and Secure: How to Prevent Pastoral Burnout
- Iran Government Feeling Pressure, Monitoring Contacts With ‘Infidels’
- Is This the Latest Sign That Iran’s Islamic Regime Is Creeping Closer to Collapse?
- Why 2020 Is Predicted to Be a Tumultuous Year Around the Globe
- Feminist Group Claims Responsibility for Torching SUV of Pro-Life Journalist, Attacking Churches
- Iran’s President Says ‘No Limit’ to Nuclear Enrichment
- New Report Says Ukrainian Anti-Semitic Incidents Dropped 27 Percent
- President Trump Signs ‘Phase One’ of Trade Agreement With China
Tiger Woods says to compete in Dubai Desert Classic in FebruaryFormer world number one Tiger Woods said he would compete in the European Tour’s Dubai Desert...
Coronavirus reaches Australia as man is quarantined in MelbourneThe man, who showed no symptoms of the virus, travelled to Australia alone from Wuhan via...
One in ten Britons have prayed about BrexitThe statistics, taken from over 2,000 adults in the UK by a Christian website, found that...
Trump's special adviser son-in-law 'could also have been hacked by the Saudi Crown Prince'Jared Kushner, 39, (pictured with Trump) could also have been hacked by the Saudi Crown Prince...
Bahrain sends first civilian case to military courtGovernment authorities did not immediately respond to a request for comment Source: BAHRAIN
Bahrain's Gulf Air says to launch holidays unitGulf Air Holidays will offer travellers a wide range of holiday packages and tailor-made travel solutions...
Bahrain's economy strained as low oil prices persistBahrain’s central bank says net foreign assets dropped 11% to $1.7bn in February Source: BAHRAIN
Kuwait's $4.2bn airport expansion hits construction milestoneEmir of Kuwait inaugurates start of heavy construction work on terminal to handle 25m passengers Source:...
In pictures: International fashion week in Kuwait citySource: KUWAIT
Mission of Gulf armies is no longer restricted to combat, says KuwaitGCC neighbour recognises the work of the UAE Armed Forces in the region Source: KUWAIT
Qatar Airways replaces Dubai's Emirates as FIFA sponsorDoha carrier fills spot left vacant by Emirates when it quit its sponsorship following FIFA corruption...
In pictures: IAAF Diamond League 2017 kicks off in DohaSource: QATAR
In pictures: Emir of Qatar visits Republic of PolandSource: QATAR