Andrew Harper death: More than £70k raised for officer's familyThousands of pounds are donated to a crowdfunding page set up to support Andrew Harper’s family. Source: BBC TOP
Lucas Dobson: River fall boy 'unlikely to be found alive'A police chief says she would like to find Lucas Dobson alive but is growing increasingly...
Iran tanker row: Gibraltar rejects US request to detain shipThe Grace 1 oil tanker is due to leave Gibraltar later on Sunday, Iran’s ambassador to...
Zimbabwe sanctions: Sadc calls on US and EU to drop policySixteen southern Africa countries say US and EU economic sanctions are harming the region. Source: BBC...
Recent news feed from News Agencies
- Breakingviews TV: Under protest
Hong Kong demonstrations escalated again, including at the airport. Local carrier Cathay Pacific got caught up in the mess. And the economic roots of the unrest are becoming clearer. Clara Ferreira Marques and Jeffrey Goldfarb discuss the latest from the financial hub. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Kicking GE
The troubled conglomerate is facing claims it’s hiding $38 bln in potential losses. Tom Buerkle outlines the accusations leveled by Harry Markopolos, famous for trying to call out Bernie Madoff’s Ponzi scheme – and why GE’s past makes it an easy target for such allegations. […]
- Breakingviews TV: WeWorking it
The office provider’s IPO prospectus is a catalog of red flags, from shoddy corporate governance to related-party transactions, not to mention a questionable business model. Rob Cox and Robert Cyran discuss. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Tumblr mess
Tumblr was once worth $1.1 bln. Verizon is selling it for less than 1% of that. Robert Cyran and Jennifer Saba explain the latest sign that the telecom giant should ditch its internet media aspirations. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Macri blow
Argentine voters jolted markets by giving opposition leader Alberto Fernandez a big primary election victory. Richard Beales says the vote was a rejection of President Mauricio Macri’s investor-friendly policies, making a change of leadership in October more likely. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Yuan short
A currency war is brewing between the United States and China. Clara Ferreira Marques and Pete Sweeney discuss how far the Chinese currency might fall, and whether it will help revive cooling growth. […]
- Breakingviews TV: $$ and sense
Donald Trump complains that a strong currency is undermining his battle with Beijing. He has many ways to weaken the greenback, says John Foley, but one of the best, ironically, would be to call off the trade war to stem safe haven money flows to the United States. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Apocalypse NYT
The newspaper has prospered by taking on the Trump administration. Now a headline about mass shootings has prompted accusations that it’s normalizing its coverage of the president. That, argues Rob Cox, may hint of life at the Times after the war with Trump ends. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Off opioids
Robert Cyran and Rob Cox discuss British pharma group Mallinckrodt’s decision to pull a planned spinoff to shareholders of a generics business that sells painkillers. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Old new hand
European leaders picked Kristalina Georgieva as their choice to run the IMF. While not a knockout candidate, anointing her would at least force the lender to amend its traditional age limits – just as it often tells its borrowers to do, as Tom Buerkle explains. […]
- UAE Press: Expo 2020 Dubai will show how far country has come
- Blast During Wedding Leaves Dozens Killed and Wounded in Kabul
- UAE participates in signing ceremony of Constitutional and Political Declarations in Sudan, voices support for peaceful power transition
- Al Qassimi Hospital performed 600 surgeries on children in 2018
- Expo 2020 Dubai to receive the world in 430 days
- Registration for Federal National Council membership to kick off tomorrow
- House construction using recycled plastic waste to tackle plastic menace in India
- UAE Rulers congratulate Gabonese President on Independence Day
- Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque attracts over 115,000 worshippers during Eid al Adha
- 16 South African nations to discuss common parliament, regional fund
- UAE Rulers congratulate Indonesian President on Independence Day
- Hong Kong Teachers’ Rally Starts Another Weekend of Protests
- DEWA releases 6th annual sustainability report
- UAE Press: Climate change is here and it’s real
- UK Bus Driver Suspended After Allegedly Refusing to Drive Bus Supporting LBGTQ Pride Events
Tiger Woods says to compete in Dubai Desert Classic in FebruaryFormer world number one Tiger Woods said he would compete in the European Tour’s Dubai Desert...
The Met Reviews Items It Received From a Dealer, Now a Looting SuspectThe Metropolitan Museum of Art is studying the Indian artifacts it holds that track back to...
The People of Central Park West Want Their Parking Spaces (Sorry, Cyclists)The city wants to carve out more space for cyclists. Opponents say the city is becoming...
Strictly's Katya and Neil Jones SPLIT: Professional dancers announce they are separatingThe Russian beauty, 30, and her partner, 37, took to Instagram to announce the news on...
Bahrain sends first civilian case to military courtGovernment authorities did not immediately respond to a request for comment Source: BAHRAIN
Bahrain's Gulf Air says to launch holidays unitGulf Air Holidays will offer travellers a wide range of holiday packages and tailor-made travel solutions...
Bahrain's economy strained as low oil prices persistBahrain’s central bank says net foreign assets dropped 11% to $1.7bn in February Source: BAHRAIN
Kuwait's $4.2bn airport expansion hits construction milestoneEmir of Kuwait inaugurates start of heavy construction work on terminal to handle 25m passengers Source:...
In pictures: International fashion week in Kuwait citySource: KUWAIT
Mission of Gulf armies is no longer restricted to combat, says KuwaitGCC neighbour recognises the work of the UAE Armed Forces in the region Source: KUWAIT
Qatar Airways replaces Dubai's Emirates as FIFA sponsorDoha carrier fills spot left vacant by Emirates when it quit its sponsorship following FIFA corruption...
In pictures: IAAF Diamond League 2017 kicks off in DohaSource: QATAR
In pictures: Emir of Qatar visits Republic of PolandSource: QATAR