Copa Libertadores 2019: Best goals from Flamengo & River Plate before finalWatch six of the best Copa Libertadores goals from 2019 finalists Flamengo and River Plate, before Saturday’s final – live on BBC Two and BBC iPlayer from 19:45 GMT. Source: BBC TOP
General election 2019: Row over Momentum use of Coca-Cola advertCoca-Cola is “taking steps” after Momentum used its imagery for an election ad without approval. Source:...
Iran petrol protests: '100 leaders' arrested in crackdownA judiciary spokesman says more protest leaders have been identified will be arrested over the unrest....
Kyle Edmund gives Great Britain 1-0 lead in Davis Cup quarter-finalsKyle Edmund steps up again in Andy Murray’s absence to start Great Britain’s Davis Cup quarter-final...
Recent news feed from News Agencies
- Breakingviews TV: Makeup exam
Model Kylie Jenner agreed to sell half her eponymous cosmetics line to Coty for $600 mln on the same day Estée Lauder unveiled plans to buy the South Korean maker of Dr. Jart at a $1.7 bln valuation. Sharon Lam and Jeffrey Goldfarb judge the M&A beauty contest. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Honey trap
PayPal’s $4 billion acquisition of Honey Science, an online rewards company, may snare customers who would otherwise end up with payment rivals like Apple and Square. That sounds enticing enough, but it’s a lot to spend on an uncertain result, Robert Cyran explains. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Aramco’s IPO
The world’s biggest oil company has fixed on a $1.7 trillion valuation – less than it wanted but probably more than it merited. Getting that number means pulling out all the stops, including loans to Saudi citizens to help them buy the stock. George Hay explains what’s at stake. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Burning Kohl’s
The U.S. discount retailer is struggling despite extending a partnership with Amazon to all its almost 1,200 stores. Meanwhile, larger rival TJX is prospering. Amanda Gomez explains why – and how an inventory backlog means that’s unlikely to change for some time. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Copier jam
HP has rejected Xerox’s $33.5 billion offer, but left the door open to talks. That paves the way for a more sensible deal – say, one where HP is the acquirer but Xerox boss John Visentin calls the shots. Activist investor Carl Icahn ought to be amenable too, John Foley explains. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Wrong Kong
Unrest in Hong Kong intensified as protesters blocked roads and trains during the workweek while police fired teargas at lunch hour in the central business district. Jeffrey Goldfarb and Robyn Mak discuss renewed concerns about the financial hub’s economic future. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Xerox this
Carl Icahn, already an investor in Xerox, has now bought a stake in HP – which the much smaller Xerox last week offered to buy for more than $30 billion. With scope to merge the printing businesses somehow, the activist could win either way, as Richard Beales explains. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Car alarm
Peugeot’s shares slipped and Fiat Chrysler’s soared since the two automakers announced their merger of equals. The reason: It’s not so equal after all. But with big shareholders and CEO Carlos Tavares on board, Peugeot is probably on a path of no return. Lisa Jucca explains. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Buyout band
Could KKR and Walgreens chief Stefano Pessina reunite to take the $55 bln retailer private? They’ve got prior: Boots was Europe’s biggest leveraged buyout over a decade ago. Once again, the LBO supergroup would need friendly markets and cash-rich allies, Robert Cyran explains. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Morales hazard
Bolivia’s three-term president, Evo Morales, resigned amidst protests about possible vote-rigging following October’s election. He helped foster a Bolivian middle class, then outstayed his welcome with them, as Anna Szymanski explains. The immediate question is what happens next. […]
- ‘Mr. Gorbachev, Tear Down This Wall’: Reagan Statue Unveiled in Berlin at Cold War Speech Site
- ‘They’re in the Lord’s Presence’: 9 Killed in Fiery Car Crash in S. Africa, Including Canadian Missionary Family
- Operation Blessing Reaches Quake Victims in Far-Flung Communities of the Philippines
- Francis Chan Leaving the US to Be International Missionary: ‘Be Fishers of Men’
- ‘I Decided to Lose My Life and Find it in Christ’: The Extraordinary Testimony of South Africa’s Rugby Captain
- Heroic Mom Saved Baby, 13-Year-Old Saved 6 Siblings in ‘Horrific’ Massacre of 9 US Citizens
- Street Preacher Battles City of Portland for Blocking Him from Sharing Pro-Life Views
- 30+ Churches Attacked in 2 Years, Clergy and Members Killed in Rising Unrest in Ethiopia
- Sweden Reports 53 Percent Spike in Anti-Semitic Hate Crimes
- UK Charity Spokesperson Forced to Resign for Saying ‘Only Women Can Have Babies’
- Malian Government Says 54 dead in Jihadist Attack on Army
- Operation Blessing, Kurdish Charity Helping Syrian Refugees by Providing Supplies and Hope
- Ammar Chose Christ, Then His Muslim Wife Turned Him in to Be Beaten – He Lost Everything but His Faith
- POWERFUL: Hungary’s Prime Minister Posts Photo to Social Media of Nick Vujicic and Himself Praying
- EXCLUSIVE: A Plea from the Christians of Tel Tamer to the Christians of the World
Tiger Woods says to compete in Dubai Desert Classic in FebruaryFormer world number one Tiger Woods said he would compete in the European Tour’s Dubai Desert...
Imelda Staunton is to take over from Claire Foy and Olivia Colman in The CrownEXCLUSIVE: She has gone from working-class prisoner in Vera Drake to the aristocracy as Lady Bagshaw...
Grace Millane killer GUILTY: Man, 27, is convicted of murdering backpacker during sexA 27-year-old man was today found guilty of murdering British backpacker Grace Millane, 22, by choking...
Philippine Airlines plane spews flames over LAX airport as engine failure forces emergency landingThe Boeing 777 departed Los Angeles International Airport for Manila on Thursday morning and was forced...
Bahrain sends first civilian case to military courtGovernment authorities did not immediately respond to a request for comment Source: BAHRAIN
Bahrain's Gulf Air says to launch holidays unitGulf Air Holidays will offer travellers a wide range of holiday packages and tailor-made travel solutions...
Bahrain's economy strained as low oil prices persistBahrain’s central bank says net foreign assets dropped 11% to $1.7bn in February Source: BAHRAIN
Kuwait's $4.2bn airport expansion hits construction milestoneEmir of Kuwait inaugurates start of heavy construction work on terminal to handle 25m passengers Source:...
In pictures: International fashion week in Kuwait citySource: KUWAIT
Mission of Gulf armies is no longer restricted to combat, says KuwaitGCC neighbour recognises the work of the UAE Armed Forces in the region Source: KUWAIT
Qatar Airways replaces Dubai's Emirates as FIFA sponsorDoha carrier fills spot left vacant by Emirates when it quit its sponsorship following FIFA corruption...
In pictures: IAAF Diamond League 2017 kicks off in DohaSource: QATAR
In pictures: Emir of Qatar visits Republic of PolandSource: QATAR