Gulf of Oman: US sends more troops amid tanker tension with IranThe US releases new images from the Gulf of Oman tanker attacks and is sending 1,000 more troops. Source: BBC WORLD
'I lost £50 when diners left without paying'Waiters tell the BBC it is common for staff to foot the bill when customers walk...
Beechwood: 'I can't believe the evil that happened there'A victim of the regime at a notorious children’s home has come forward to tell her...
The gay men breaking blood donation rulesThe men believe who they have sex with should not prevent them from giving blood. Source:...
Recent news feed from News Agencies
- Breakingviews TV: Array factor
Pfizer is buying Array BioPharma for $11 billion, a 62% premium. It’s Big Pharma buying another smallish biotech, but in this case, Array’s backstory is a mix of skill, law and luck, as Rob Cyran explains. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Hong Kong ire
The Chinese financial centre is bracing for another round of massive protests. Robyn Mak and Pete Sweeney discuss the reasons for the discontent, why the demonstrations caught the government by surprise, and whether Beijing will back down. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Renault reboot
The Gallic carmaker may want to restart merger talks with Fiat Chrysler. Potential interference from the French government is still a concern. But as Liam Proud explains, Renault shareholders also need to be more realistic about the takeover value of the company. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Boeing blues
Aside from the grounding of Boeing’s 737 MAX jets, the company collected zero new orders in May. Customers are becoming stingier, and the effect isn’t limited to the U.S. giant – Airbus orders have also slowed. Still it’s the last thing Boeing needs, as Tom Buerkle explains. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Full-up Amazon
The giant e-retailer is pulling out of the meal-delivery business. Antony Currie and Rob Cyran explain why – and discuss what this means for the sector’s big players DoorDash, Grubhub and Uber. With margins declining, consolidation is likely to be on the menu. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Mid-air M&A
United Technologies and Raytheon want to merge, yet there’s little overlap between their aerospace and defense businesses. Meanwhile the $114 bln UTC is spinning off two divisions after buying another. Raytheon might want to wait until the smoke clears, John Foley suggests. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Xi-llennials
Following the tragic crackdown on student protests in Beijing’s Tiananmen Square 30 years ago, China delivered on promises of prosperity even as inequality grew. Pete Sweeney and Jeffrey Goldfarb discuss the fresh economic burdens confronting the country’s young workers. […]
- Breakingviews TV: App and away
JPMorgan Chase is shuttering an app-based account for millennials, after miscalculating what they wanted out of their bank. Fortunately, learning from failure is a feature of the tech sector, and size helps when it comes to taking risks, John Foley explains. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Fed speak
As the Federal Reserve debates how it communicates monetary policy, it might do well to mimic former U.S. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld. Richard Beales says the “known unknowns” of trade wars and late-cycle growth call for a circumspect approach by the U.S. central bank. […]
- Breakingviews TV: Mr. Brexit
President Donald Trump’s visit to the UK comes at a delicate time: Prime Minister Theresa May will soon relinquish control of her party, and Britain’s EU exit looms. Neil Unmack explains what’s at stake, and why Trump isn’t the ideal counterpart for post-Brexit trade talks. […]
- Dubai Ruler’s Court mourns death of Sheikh Mansour bin Ahmed bin Ali Al Thani
- Abdullah bin Zayed meets French FM
- Mohamed bin Zayed receives Speaker of Ethiopian House of Federation
- Mohamed bin Zayed offers condolences to Ethiopia’s PM on death of his father
- ‘Backdoor Blasphemy Law’?: British Muslim Group Attempts to Get Islamophobia Definition Approved by Govt
- FNC, Ethiopian parliament sign MoU
- China Govt Harvesting Human Organs from Falun Gong, Other Prisoners Also Victims
- Sharjah’s Innovation Economy Report launched
- Chief of Staff of Japan Joint Staff visits Wahat Al Karama
- Why Are Some German Jews Joining a So-called ‘Nazi’ Party?
- King of Jordan receives credentials of UAE Ambassador
- Noor Dubai Foundation launches website
- UAQ Government annual meetings archetype for knowledge exchange, capacity building: Al Gergawi
- Jordanian Armed Forces arrive in UAE to participate in joint military exercise
- Ministry of Possibilities’ Department of UAE Talent adopts executive plan
Tiger Woods says to compete in Dubai Desert Classic in FebruaryFormer world number one Tiger Woods said he would compete in the European Tour’s Dubai Desert...
Iran Threatens to Exceed Some Limits of Nuclear Deal, and Trump Orders Deployment of 1,000 More TroopsIranian officials are trying to get European nations to blunt American economic sanctions imposed since President...
Xi Jinping Will Make First Visit to North Korea Ahead of Meeting With TrumpAt a time when tensions among North Korea, China and the United States have been high,...
Hong Kong, Iran, Egypt: Your Tuesday BriefingWhat’s next for Carrie Lam? Source: NY EGYPT
Bahrain sends first civilian case to military courtGovernment authorities did not immediately respond to a request for comment Source: BAHRAIN
Bahrain's Gulf Air says to launch holidays unitGulf Air Holidays will offer travellers a wide range of holiday packages and tailor-made travel solutions...
Bahrain's economy strained as low oil prices persistBahrain’s central bank says net foreign assets dropped 11% to $1.7bn in February Source: BAHRAIN
Kuwait's $4.2bn airport expansion hits construction milestoneEmir of Kuwait inaugurates start of heavy construction work on terminal to handle 25m passengers Source:...
In pictures: International fashion week in Kuwait citySource: KUWAIT
Mission of Gulf armies is no longer restricted to combat, says KuwaitGCC neighbour recognises the work of the UAE Armed Forces in the region Source: KUWAIT
Qatar Airways replaces Dubai's Emirates as FIFA sponsorDoha carrier fills spot left vacant by Emirates when it quit its sponsorship following FIFA corruption...
In pictures: IAAF Diamond League 2017 kicks off in DohaSource: QATAR
In pictures: Emir of Qatar visits Republic of PolandSource: QATAR